Introduction to Riviera PlaySchool
We are thrilled to announce that we will soon offer, Riviera PlaySchool "Light:" The Toddler Program. The program is designed as a segue into the regular program at Riviera PlaySchool. Families and students will get a wonderful introduction to our teachers, philosophies that define our preschool. The details: Hours - Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:30 to 4:30pm. Teacher Student Ratio: 1:4 Ages: 18 months to 3 years old, Parents can stay or drop-off Classes begin: June 1. One day, two days or three day options Cost: $162 ~ $420 per month, depending upon program. (see website) Contact us to enroll now as spots are filling up ...
Riviera PlaySchool offers a humanistic, constructivist, and mindful program for the "whole child," inspired by the best of Attachment Parenting, Reggio Emilia, and Non Violent (Compassionate) Communication. We are also inspired by other forward-thinking philosophies, including the fun and freedom to explore of Bev Bos, the beautiful and abundant nature of Waldorf, and Maria Montessori's easily digestible, experiential approach to learning. PlaySchool has the distinction of having been chosen as the very first ever practicum site for UCLA Extension’s Early Childhood Education Certificate Program. We will also continue our partnership with El Camino College Childhood Education Department that currently brings student teachers to Riviera PlaySchool to learn from our wonderful staff.
Drawing on principles from leaders in child advocacy such as Bev Bos, Ruth Beaglehole, Alfie Kohn, Daniel Siegel, Joseph Chilton Pearce, Naomi Aldort, and Marshall Rosenberg, our PlaySchool facilitators are compassionate and loving, inspiring a cooperative and joyful environment. Leaders of mindfulness and peace, Thick Nhat Hanh and Mahatma Ghandi, and Jiddu Krishnamurti, who encourages us to ‘question everything,’ also inspire our school significantly.
- Promote positive conflict-resolution with compassionate and gentle guidance
- Facilitate hands-on activities that encourage your child’s imagination, creativity and independence
- Encourage self-sufficiency through self-discovery
- Nurture self-confidence and self-reliance in a fully ‘kid-centric’ environment
- Encourage lifelong relationships with nature featuring an “Edible Classroom” with Organic fruit trees, and children’s own vegetable garden
- Inspire a joyful and compassionate community
- Welcome Attachment Parents without the co-op parameters
- Facilitate small groups with low student ratios balanced with community diversity
Riviera PlaySchool is a place where social, emotional, intellectual, and creative growth thrives. Our school is outdoors, play-based, natural, developmental, engaging and fun! We are conveniently located to Redondo Beach, Torrance, Hermosa Beach and the Greater South Bay Communities. Come and experience our wonderful school for yourself!
We hope you enjoy our website!